Imperial Missions was a student game created at the Digital Animation & Visual Effects School. We took a base game where you fly a proxy ship through a series of rings dodging boxes, and created a Star Fox style game set in the Star Wars universe where you fly a tie fighter through a series of rings avoiding asteroids with the goal of reaching the waiting star destroyer before you are left behind.
My job within this project was
- Fixing one of the win screens by animating the ship flying into the star destroyer
- Fixing one of the loss screens by animating the ship losing control and exploding.
- Placing an animated asset into the level then attaching a randomized trigger box to tell the asset to play one of three animations or no animation
- Creating damaged effects for one ship including fire, sparks, and smoke.
- Creating various unique explosion effects to play when the ship explodes.
- Creating visual effects for the star destroyer engines including heat distortion and ion 'fire' effects.